Tuesday, August 4, 2015

15 Weeks

Last Thursday marked 15 weeks for our little Apple Baby.  I am just getting over some awful awful nausea.  We began working on the baby's bedroom as Daddy is seemingly more anxious and in nesting mode than I am.  I'm not going to lie, it's the sweetest thing I've ever seen and I admire him for wanting to be "ready."  I'm trying to take in and remember as much of this as possible.  Though, I'll admit, I'm not doing anywhere near as much as I'd hoped.  My plan was to blog, take weekly pictures, write down every memory, and maybe even keep a journal.  So far, not so much.  But, I guess that's what happens when you're in the thick of it.  We are so very excited, even though I'll admit that it still is a very surreal situation for me.  I'm hoping when I feel the baby move within the next couple of weeks, this little baby that we've been waiting for will finally feel real to me.

We saw the baby for the first time at about 11 weeks.  My sweet Sean was so excited that he pratically jumped up on the table behind me.  There the baby was, our sweet little one bouncing up and down and all over the place inside me.  What an active little baby!  The doctor told us that the baby was right on track with growth and the heartbeat was great.  Last week, we got to hear the baby's heartbeat again.  The nurse practitioner let us know that baby's heartbeat was around 150.


How far along? 15 Weeks
How big is baby? The Size of an Apple!
Total weight gain/loss:  After losing about 4-5lbs during the first trimester due to the nausea, I'm now up 3 lbs from my pre-baby weight.
Maternity clothes? I just bought my first pair of maternity shorts this weekend and two comfy shirts =)
Sleep: Sleep is touch and go again.  I find myself waking up around the same times.  3am is a pretty constant time.  I live for the nights when I sleep super deep (aside from getting up to use the bathroom) 

Best moment this week: Having Sean paint the baby's room and scheduling our 20 week ultrasound!
Movement: Not yet, but Grandma keeps asking me everyday.  I'm waiting!
Food cravings:  Food is still touch and go, but I do love any type of fruit!
Food Aversions: Nothing super specific just yet...

Gender: We'll find out in a couple weeks!
Labor Signs:  Nope!

Pregnancy Symptoms:  Light Nausea, Frequent Trips to the Bathroom, Headaches, and my bump starting to stick out =)
Belly Button in or out?  In
What I miss:  A good night's sleep!
What I am looking forward to:  Feeling baby move for the first time =)
Upcoming appointments/events: 20 Week Ultrasound on August 20th, Gender Reveal on August 22nd if baby is hopefully cooperative!
Milestones:  Taking Pregnancy Announcement Photos, Starting to put together baby G's room, Starting to show =)


No comments:

Post a Comment