Sunday, May 24, 2015

...And Then There Were Three

Two weeks ago, while watching my baby niece, I decided it was time to test again.  As I sat there watching the lines appear, I couldn't believe what I saw.  2 lines appeared.  The two lines I've been waiting to see for over 3 years.  With my niece in the doorway,  I was in disbelief.  It seemed surreal;  and still does.  We did it, finally!
I'm not sure what finally clicked for us.  We had decided to take a short break.  I had decided to switch my OBGYN.  My new OBGYN was finally being more proactive.  I ended up having an HSG procedure to make sure my tubes weren't blocked.  The good news?  They weren't.  However I did spend the next month and a half healing and dealing with the after effects of the procedure.  We decided it was time to try again.  After jump starting my cycle with Progestin, I started another round of Clomid.  This time, we had an ultrasound which showed two follicles, a good sized one and one still developing.  I tested positive with an Ovulation Predictor kit!  This time, I went in for an HCG shot.  I experienced some light cramping within the next couple of weeks, but it felt different.  3 weeks later, a positive test =)

I told my Sean first.  I had bought 49er onesies about 6 months ago.  He was very excited when he realized. =)

How far along? 7 Weeks
How big is baby? The Size of a BLUEBERRY!
Total weight gain/loss:  None yet!
Maternity clothes? Not yet!
Sleep: I initially had some trouble with restlessness, but recently I've been sleeping pretty great (aside from getting up to pee multiple times during the night)  

Best moment this week: Getting closer to our first ultrasound date!  It seems like so far away!
Movement: Not yet!
Food cravings:  Not especially yet.  I've had a hard time eating foods.
Food Aversions: Most foods, due to the nausea. 

Gender: Too soon to tell!
Labor Signs:  Nope!

Pregnancy Symptoms:  Nausea, Exhaustion, Gas, Twinges
Belly Button in or out?  In
What I miss:  Deli Meats and Sushi
What I am looking forward to: Our first ultrasound =)
Upcoming appointments/events:  Our first appointment this Wednesday and first ultrasound June 18th!
Milestones:  Telling Immediate Family


No comments:

Post a Comment