Wednesday, August 26, 2015

20 Weeks - It's A....

Here we are at the Halfway mark and a lot has happened in the past couple of weeks.  Last Thursday we had our 20 week ultrasound and on Saturday we had a gender reveal party where we, along with our friends and family found out the sex of Baby Gordon =)

We are super excited to announce that...

 It's A Baby Girl!

I have to say that I was excited to get to this ultrasound and see our baby girl again, which, was amazing of course, but turns out that baby girl is quite stubborn.  We had to go back twice in the same day.  The tech was having a super difficult time getting the photos and measurements that she needed.  The first time we were in the ultrasound for 2 hours.  Talk about hating to hold my urine...I was pretty sure at one point I thought I was going to pee on the poor tech.  After she let me pee, I had a little relief.  The first two hours, baby was spine up and refusing to cooperate.  (Despite the nudges from the tech)  I was up on my sides, on my back, tilted here and there annnnnd...Nothing.  We ended up having to come back a second time that day.  Thankfully less this time, however, even though I ate, walked around, and even picked up a soda on the way, Baby Girl decided to get even more comfortable and curl up in a little ball!  [Insert Frustrated, Not Amused Emoji Here]  Needless to say, with all the pressing and prodding, my abdomen was not feeling great the next couple of days...But we got to see pictures of her beautiful little profile and feet, and the tech was able to seal an envelope with the secret contents of our little one's gender!

 
How far along? 20 Weeks!
How big is baby? Baby Girl is the length of a Banana
Total weight gain/loss:  Up about 5 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Some comfy maternity shorts and Target Tanks
Sleep: Sleeping a little bit better now, but I'm guessing it's because I'm so exhausted most of the time.

Best moment this week: Finding out we are having a baby GIRL!
Movement: I felt baby Girl move for the first time about a week and a half ago =)  It's like popcorn!  Daddy felt her move for the first time Saturday night after we found out she was a girl!

 Food cravings:  Fruits and some Sweets
Food Aversions: None in particular; if she's like her daddy, if it's food, she'll take it!

Gender: BABY GIRL!
Labor Signs:  Nope!

Pregnancy Symptoms:  EXHAUSTION, gas, lower back pain (Thanks, Scoliosis..)
Belly Button in or out?  In
What I miss:  Sleeping on my Tummy
What I am looking forward to: Buying some cute outfits for little Miss!
Upcoming appointments/events:We recently found out that I may have a smaller cervix, so we will be having an ultrasound weekly to make sure that it is not shortening.
Milestones:  Finding out we're having a Baby Girl, First Kicks (For Mommy and Daddy)


No comments:

Post a Comment